Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Questions You Should Ask:

So, I was doing some research for a sermon and I ran across something good.

At buzzle.com there is an article "What Did God Design You To Be?" The article has some good stuff in it that I plan on using, but went down a short rabbit trail about Bible Study. The rabbit trail part of the article was about the Question Method Bible study. I want to encourage you to use this in your personal devotional times and see if it helps you.

When you read a passage of Scripture, you should ask yourself these questions:
  • What did I like, or not like about the passage?
  • Was there something I didn't understand?
  • What did I learn about God?
  • What did I learn about myself?
  • What nugget of truth can I take with me today?
Use a notebook and write out your thoughts and the answers to the questions. It might help you discover more about God's Word, yourself, and God's purpose for your life. Someone once said "The Bible isn't a dry book – if you know its author." So get to know the author better by reading his book and applying it to your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment